Saturday, July 08, 2006

From circumcision to bike precision

Yesterday I removed a mole and watched my tutor use what look like torture contraptions to perform a circumcision. Although the baby had anaesthesia, it was harrowing to see the baby scream during the entire procedure. However, as soon as his leg straps were removed and he was redressed, he fell asleep.
The host family I am staying with is a family with three teens aged 15, 16, and 18. They are a lot of fun. The youngest, Spencer, took me on an insane mountain biking trail through a beautiful park. He would not allow me to walk my bike up the hill that I thought I would die going up...but when we got to the top it was worth it, because we got to go through this awesome rocky trail downhill through trees even through a creek! He was so fast that he would go down the trail, walk back up to a jump, and take the jump again, all in the time of me going down the hill once. He is going to go to a provincial race next weekend in Whistler. I think I may even allow him to take me up there again sometime.

1 Comments:

At 6:32 a.m., Blogger Alison said...

Jane - what was the mole removal like?? ew...

You have to strap the babies down to do circumcision?! That's awful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home